Wine and Roses

The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life. -William Wordsworth

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Okay...It's not so bad!


Alright, so Mom was right...blogging is kind of fun! Hopefully I will be able to keep up with it everyday or so. I guess everyone that is reading this (probably nobody) will need a little background information. Of course I have posted a profile that you can all read but in general... I'm getting married on June 2, 2006 to a wonderful man named Ryan Rostas. We have known each other since high school but have only recently starting dating and gotten engaged.
This is a (not so great) picture of us on a San Diego pier during a camping trip with my family. Obviously Ryan is taller than I am but that's okay! He is awesome, more than I could ever ask for! Ryan is in school right now as a Business Finance major, but is currently working as a poker dealer at Fort McDowell Casino and loves it there. Our house however is about 50 miles from the Casino so he may end up switching to a different one next year. As the profile says, I'm in school to become a high school history teacher and am working at an elementary school in the after school program. We are very excited about our wedding and spend much of our free time (not much at all) planning the details. It will be at an awesome spanish style manor in Chandler, AZ. They have added a new ballroom which will be air-conditioned and completed by December or so. I have purchased my dress and accessories, found the caterer, booked the photographer, found the tuxes, picked out bridesmaid's dresses, and other small details so far. With school and work, we have trouble finding time to work on all of the planning and organizing...and more importantly the budgeting! We have a 2 year old Golden Retriever named Ralph, a 6 month old Grey Tabby cat named Gizmo (his big ears as a kitten closely resembled his Gremlin relatives) and a Beta fish named Blub-Blub. Well, now you all know the in's and out's around my household so I guess this will do it for today.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger SuzieQ said…

    Guess I should check my comments before I post. My last one had a bunch of typos!! I am just so excited you are doing a blog!!

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger CrazyUncle said…

    Well, this second post tells me I do not need to tell you to change the name of your blog to "Whine and Roses." Starting to plan and pay for your wedding this far in advance should help you with some of the budgeting issues. Moving from nursing to teaching, though, will *not* help you with budgeting. I guess I don't have room to talk. I mailed in my fingerprints to the state yesterday so I can substitute teach.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger SuzieQ said…

    Hey, check your website. I placed an order!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home