Careers...
Wow...have you ever been a waiter/waitress? You must have been crazy or desperate. It's really hardwork for very little money. I have to say this may be one of my least favorite jobs so far! I have worked retail, been a receptionist, worked in a hospital, a restaurant, and starting this week at an elementary school. Of all the jobs....the restaurant is the least enjoyable. Well I think I have complained enough for one night! Hope you all enjoy your jobs more than I do!! Before I go, let me just tell you how excited I am to be a teacher!!!!

6 Comments:
At 10:55 AM,
SuzieQ said…
You know it is a "Mom law" not to say "I told you so". It is hard work and as you know my experience in that field has made me tip good. Now you know why! I think for some reason, people that have never worked in food service think those who do are somehow below them. I hated that. The management is usually cruel and turnover is very high. It is not a place to build a future, but in most cases it can help pay the bills. I don't know anyone who does it for fun!! :) Hang in there!!
At 2:05 PM,
CrazyUncle said…
In my experience, people that work in the food service industry are somehow below me.
At 4:13 PM,
SuzieQ said…
Guess that means Randy never worked in the food service industry...which is why he says he thinks that way. He is just making fun of my post. That is okay, maybe he will have a chance to give a go here soon.
At 10:25 AM,
X's and O's said…
Ouch...and SuzieQ wins round 1!
At 10:35 AM,
CrazyUncle said…
What. One blow and you think I am down for the count? I don't think so. My first job was a busboy at a restaurant in Dallas. The only tips we got was a percentage of the waitstaff in the same section. So..nothing. I was a paperboy, also. I had to stop that because it was somehow below me. Anyway, I am making fun of your mother's comment. My daughter-in-law worked at Chili's until recently, and my son-in-law works at Chili's now. And yes, I make fun of them, too.
At 11:38 AM,
X's and O's said…
Hey Mom I have all your MaryKay stuff. The total comes to $42.16. I will bring it by today after my class.
Post a Comment
<< Home