Wine and Roses

The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life. -William Wordsworth

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Back By Popular Demand!

Well hello 2007...it has been awhile since I have blogged I do realize. All is well though around here. We have 13 cats (9 of them kittens) at the moment and of course the Ralph! If you know anyone looking for an adorable fluffy kitten...please let me know...they must go!

Let's see...what's happened since December? Who knows! I just finished up another semester at school (HOORAY!!) and now have only one semester of classes left before I student teach and get out there in the scary world. It looks like all A's and a B but we will have to wait until final grades are posted next week.

What else? Oh yes, we're pregnant again! Almost 7 weeks now...getting close to our oh-so-exciting ultrasound appointment on May 16th where we will get our first glimpse of our little "peanut." The due date is December 22nd. I painted the nursery and with the help of my trusty steads put up the wallpaper border last weekend. I still need to paint the polka dots, butterflies, dragonflies, and other bugs but it's looking good. Thanks to Mom (Grandma) little Peanut has a beautiful crib all set up and ready for many nights of sleep! The only furniture that needs to go in still is the changing table (which is actually a potting bench that will be transformed) and a dresser that needs to be beautified still.

I'm very excited to have the summer off to finish all of the details that I will undoubtedly not have time for next semester. Other than a summer class in July and watching KRS from June to August, I will have a lot of time on my hands to get ready for the baby.

I will upload photos of the kittens and the ultrasound as soon as I get around to it...I'm so busy these days! ;)

5 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger SuzieQ said…

    I can post those pictures...hey, I can put them on Picasa and you can grab them from there...let me see if I can find time to do that :). Take care of my grandpeanut...looking forward to the ultrasound picts.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger X's and O's said…

    I'm trying to eat all the food I'm supposed to...but a lot of it is not very appetizing. Other than that...I'm a peanut factory! One week from today to see the pictures!!!

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said…

    So, you are eating peanuts or what? I'm so confused. You people are so weird. A December baby? Are you nuts (ha, ha)? I never got to have a birthday party, and I always got a Birthday/Christmas present. It was no fair. My other siblings cleaned up on their b-days. Are you going to get those 3D kind of pics? They look cool. Welcome back to the blogosphere.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger X's and O's said…

    No...not eating many peanuts although I could probably benefit from their protein. Ryan doesn't want to call the baby by a name since we are not going to find out the sex so "peanut" it is. I had planned a summer birthday so that it would not interrupt my school plans...but my plans are secondary apparantly!

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Tiffany Halstead said…

    We are so happy for you, Ryan and the little peanut!! :-)
    Although...you already have the nursery done and I still haven't gotten around to so much as painting yet.....oh well I have the excuse that we dont have a house and we'd have to paint it back. Can't wait to see the ultrasound pics! Congrats sis!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home