Wine and Roses

The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life. -William Wordsworth

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of a Home!!! :)

Let's see...I think I shall start with life in general.

Life is going well. Married life? Isn't it grand! Ryan and I are very busy with school, work, packing, having weekly dinners with our friends and all of the other exciting things we do to pass the time. We are getting excited about moving into our new house and have been picking paint colors, deciding which furniture to keep and what to donate, and of course the endless boxes that we've been moving over to our storage unit. We are currently looking into prices for a moving company to come and help us move rather than the old fashioned every guy with a truck coming over business. We (I) have been looking into movers because I can already see that with Ryan's work schedule he will be sleeping while I am moving our entire apartment and storage unit into our house by myself...not too bad if we didn't live on the second floor of our apartment complex that unfortunately has an angled staircase. Ralph seems to be doing better these days, he has gained almost 10 pounds and we are very excited about this! He is still about 10 pounds underweight but with all the treats and puppy food he has been eating I don't see his gaining weight a problem! :) The kitties are doing well...they alternate between sleeping, cuddling, eating, and running their self-made obstacle course through out the day, this obviously is very tiring for us humans and let me just say, we cannot wait for them to be outside kitties!

Okay....the house.

The house, while it has been a challenge, is finally scheduled for the final "NHO" walk through which is the new home orientation for us novice home owners. This is scheduled for November 7th and since they have three days to correct any problems that we find we should be closing on the 10th of November. However, while I would like to credit my dashing good looks, I think it was really more my pushy yet sweet nature that will allow us to close on the 8th of November. How you ask? Since our superintendent is so super, we are going to do a pre-final walk through on October 31st so that he will have a full week to correct any issues and allow the NHO walk through to go smoothly and thus allow us to close two days sooner! Hooray for Wayne!!

Excited? No...that doesn't even begin to explain how we are feeling. You must add overjoyed, terrified, ecstatic, and nervous. Terrified and nervous because of the responsibility and the bills that come along with owning a home but I think ecstatic and overjoyed are fairly self explanatory.

I will upload some photos as soon as I remember to take my camera with me!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said…

    That is exciting. You'll need to get some pictures up soon. And if my opinion means anything...and even if it does not...I think you should use movers. Maybe you can pack everything and have them just do the physical stuff. That might be a liability problem, though. Still, it won't hurt to check it out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home