Wine and Roses

The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life. -William Wordsworth

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It's all coming together!

Well the last few major details for the wedding are starting to come together. We have chosen a caterer, a florist, a bartender, and even a musician to sing during the ceremony. Of course there are still tons of little things to do, but at least it looks as though the big stuff is done. I still need to lose weight to be able to breathe in my dress, but last night mom and I got it to at least zip up...so that's a plus!! Tonight we are going to go and pick KS's dress to wear for the luxurious duty of being the flower girl!

The house is ready to be framed and once the "sticks" (as the contractors say) go up then it will only be a few months until it is ready for move-in. We are very excited about the house but especially about the back yard! The back yard is a little over 5,000 square feet and the house is 2,235 square feet. Talk about a BBQ! We're hoping that my dad will help us design a backyard that is suitable for kids, dogs, a garden, and a jacuzzi! I have been trying to decide on a decorating theme but there are so many different ideas that I like. I'm thinking that we'll stay in the warm tones for the paint with a red in the kitchen, tan on most walls with a few accent walls in a chocolate color. I think I've decided on a rustic-eclectic type of design for furniture but I'm not sure.

Well, KS is with me today so we are going to go and do some more shopping for the wedding. We're going to try and find some of the smaller items that we need like the basket for her to carry, the candles and candle holders for the unity candle ceremony, the guest book and pen, and all of the other little things. It's incredible how much stuff is required for a wedding!

Only 72 days left...time is flying by!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said…

    I cannot believe you lied to everyone that read your blog. You cannot have the musician picked because you didn't ask me.

    I hope you and KS got all your stuff picked out. So she's going to be the flower girl? Are you having a maid or a matron of honor?

    Comer on. I know that you and your mom can get to the right size in 72 days. Don't lose hope. EITHER OF YOU!

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger SuzieQ said…

    Right size? Me? No. Shelby. Yes. You really want to sing at the wedding? She is having someone famous here in the valley do it, I think. Do you know Walt? Last name starts with R and his old band was The MS Band? Know who I mean?

    I am pretty sure her honor person will be a Maid, since she is only 16. I think 16 is too young to be a Matron...

    I hope my kids wait longer on the making me a grandparent than yours did, Randy, but I am very excited for you!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home