Wine and Roses

The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life. -William Wordsworth

Monday, April 03, 2006

Hooray for Taxes!!!

I love taxes... I know that sounds strange, but for me it's like a savings account that I don't realize I have. Every year I get money back so I'm always excited to do my taxes and find out how much I get. I finished my taxes as well as Ryan's in under two hours and we are getting just under $3000 back. That sure will help us get the money together that we need for the house. It looks like it may be finished sooner than we expected. We were told that it would be a year from the time we signed the papers, which was December 10th but they are talking now more like 6 months...they are thinking it will be ready by the end of June. Holy cow!! I hope we are financially ready to move in by then...otherwise our house sits vacant.

Oh well, I have lots to worry about before then, finals, wedding details, you know...the usual! Happy summer to all of you, I'm sure you noticed the heat today!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said…

    Hmm. I'm not sure you can just leave a house you are having built vacant just because you might not have the money. Maybe you should give it up now and move in with mommy and daddy. Or maybe you could reevaluate the mortgage lender and find a lower rate. Maybe you should start with an ARM and then refinance again in 2007. Or maybe, just maybe, I don't know what I'm talking about.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger SuzieQ said…

    OOooh, crazyuncle has some good ideas. Except that mommy and daddy thing...

    Taxes are done??? Wow! Good for u!!! I plan to get them done this weekend. Just finished entering 15 months of data into Quicken. I fell behind a bit.

    Don' forget about Monday being a special day for someone in your life....:)

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger SuzieQ said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger SuzieQ said…

    BTW, I think I know why crazyuncle commented on this one. I think he thought it said Hooray for Texas!

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said…

    What?! It didn't say anything about Texas? Then what I said was true...I *don't* know what I'm talking about.

    OK, tax day is Monday. I will finish mine this weekend. Really!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home