Wine and Roses

The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life. -William Wordsworth

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Grow Peanut Grow!!


Well it is still too early to tell the sex of our little peanut but I do have an updated picture. We will be able to find out the sex at our next ultrasound appointment which is scheduled for July 26th. The 3D ultrasound was very cool but we are somewhat dissapointed as the package that we purchased for $250 stipulated that we would get a 15 minute ultrasound at 12 weeks and then a 30 minute ultrasound at 28 weeks...but we only got 4 minutes today. We are bummed and sort of regretting the purchase but it is worth it to me because we got to see the baby stretch and roll over and just be cute!


I can't wait for the morning (all day in my case) sickness to stop and my energy level to pick up. I feel like a semi has been dragging me around all night while I'm asleep. Hopefully that will go away as the book promises in the next week or two. The book (What to Expect...) also says that any exercises while laying on one's back are prohibited after the first trimester....but why? It seems like those would be good exercises to do, namely Pilates, as there is no impact to the joints and no risk for falling. Apparently I'm going to become a considerable cluts (spelling?) and am cautioned against anything where I can fall. Unfortunately that includes walking at my house as I have 7 cats that love to run figure eights around your feet as you walk down the hallway.


I should sit them all down and have a talk...does anyone know how to speak kitty?

2 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said…

    You have seven cats that run figure eights around your feet? So, would eight cats run figure nines?

    It sounds like we were both wrong on your last post. The fourth D was not 'time', but was actually 'disappointment'.

    You seem to be implying that being pulled around by a semi is worse than being pulled around by some other motorized conveyance, huh? That may be true, but it doesn't sound like fun, no matter what drags you around while you sleep.

    It is spelled klutz.

    As for why you should not exercise on your back, I read that "Pregnancy commonly brings on back pain. Hormonal changes and weight gain put new kinds of stresses on a pregnant woman's spine and legs." That's probably why. No need to invite additional risk.

    Just two more days until the pool opens. How excited you must be.

    Sorry for the short video. Did you ask them why they only shot a few minutes? Then again, for me, how long are you going to sit and watch it anyway? "Hey, honey, would you make some popcorn? I'd like to watch the ultrasound movie again. I hope the sequel is even longer."

    OK, stay healthy.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Tiffany Halstead said…

    I'm going to guess that it's a girl. It's just a feeling I've had since the boys got baptized.

    Morning sickness is the worst...but it could be worse! You could be on bedrest...trust me that really sucks!!

    I agree with "Crazy Uncle" about the back exercise...as you get further along the ultrasounds can even cause you problems. I got really hot and light headed during one, and the tech said there is a main blood vessel that the extra weight can shut off the circulation to it. So be careful if you sleep on your back!! It can raise your blood pressure to really bad highs.
    Keep the pictures coming!! We got crappy ultrasounds since they ran out of room and couldn't tell a leg from an elbow! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home