Wine and Roses

The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life. -William Wordsworth

Friday, June 01, 2007

Summer is here, ready or not!

Well, summer is apparently upon us. Somehow I didn't get the memo. Maricopa is a lot of fun in the winter as our temperatures dip about 10 degrees lower than they do in the city; however they also peak about 10 degrees higher in the summer. Oh....how nice! My excitement for spending the summer pregnant in "the copa" at a whopping 10 degrees warmer than all of you just makes me want to vomit. That sensation might be getting confused with morning (or in my case-all day) sickness though, I really can't tell.

Our community pool is filled up and closed. Another lovely bit of irony. 80,000 gallons of refreshingly cool, crystal clear water unusable for some unknown reason. After speaking with, okay, yelling at, the people in my sales office I was informed that the pool will not be ready until the middle of June. So until then I can only gaze upon my oasis and yearn for the icy dip that awaits.

On a positive note, which there seems to be few of these days as I am feeling so sick, on June 14th we go in for the 3D/4D ultrasound and will hopefully be able to find out the sex of baby peanut (without Daddy finding out preferrably)! Does anyone know what 4D is? I was unaware that there was anything beyond the 3rd dimension...I'm just a history teacher you know!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger CrazyUncle said…

    Since I am not a teacher, I wil take a stab at guessing what they mean by 4D. First option: it is 3D in real-time (time is often considered the fourth dimension)as they drag that little wand jobber back and forth across your belly.

    Or

    Second option: it is 4D because it is something 3D (the baby) inside of something else 3D (your belly).

    Anyway, enjoy that pool....someday....in the higher-than-Scottsdale heat....while you are pregnant.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger X's and O's said…

    You may not be a teacher but you are a genius! I think the first option is correct as they are giving me a 15 minute DVD of the live ultrasound.

    We can always count on you to come through in a pinch!!

    Oh, and good news, the pool will be open on the 16th!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home