Wine and Roses

The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life. -William Wordsworth

Thursday, July 19, 2007

To know or not to know?

What a tough question! One week from today we have the option of finding out the sex of our first child. Should we? Everyone has a different opinion and even we go back and forth on a daily basis. We want to know for planning purposes but then again the surprise in the delivery room would be neat too. We have a week to figure it out and I'm sure we will sit in the ultrasound room and make a last minute decision anyway...I just wonder what it will be.

All of a sudden I have a protruding tummy (very exciting!) but I am surprised at the back and leg pain that is starting already. For some reason I didn't think that pregnancy would change my daily routine all that much once I got past the morning sickness....which aside from a pickle incident seems to have passed. Oh how wrong was I! I am constantly overheated, exhausted, having to pee, and very irritable. I don't know what I was thinking...I have taken so many anatomy and physiology courses for nursing school, why didn't I think all of the life altering side effects of pregnancy that we learned about would happen to me? Apparently I am invincible. Superwoman is my alter-ego, but let's keep that between us...it would be irritating to have the paparazzi find out.

Whether we find out the sex or not I will post the newest picture of our little peanut when I get it next week!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger CrazyUncle said…

    I understand what a tough decision it is. For both of ours...sure, it is over twenty years ago... we found out in the delivery room. That is exciting. For Kyle and Lyndsay, they knew that Isabella was a girl and were able to plan everything up front. Now, they also know that their new baby is a girl and are getting ready for Kendall's arrival. So, it is a personal decision and there is no wrong answer. Knowing or not knowing will not change the wonder and excitement of a baby's arrival. Then, the fun begins.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger SuzieQ said…

    Well, now we know. Let's get that blog updated with my grandpeanut's latest ultrasound.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home